Sadly, most of my friends do not even live near me anymore, and not to mention, none of them have children yet! So, rather than just spending my days socializing with a baby, I have decided to join a mothers group I found online. On Tuesday, I went to my first meetup at the mall. It was so nice to get out and meet other moms who I can talk to and relate to about what is going on in my "new world." I first met Becky (one of the moms I have got together with before) at California Pizza Kitchen. As I sat there with Bella in my one arm, and my fork for my half order of Chinese chicken salad in my other (the only item on the menu under 400 cal!), I looked around and thought, "wow, it was not that long ago that I was sitting eating lunch with one of my friends and looking in admiration at the stay at home moms lunching." It was a surreal experience thinking back to these times, and realizing how lucky I am to be able to go lunch on a Tuesday afternoon then stroll around the mall...ask me a year ago and I never thought this would be. I am so blessed to have a husband that works 2 jobs so I can stay home with my daughter, he really is the best! This past weekend was our family Hanukkah party at my parents house (about a month late.) It was so fun seeing Bella with Mikayla as they are only 11 days apart. Bella kept rolling onto Mikayla with her legs, so cute! I will have to upload pics.
Today I am feeling adventurous and will be going to Carters and the market with Bella. My Brother-In-Law, SIL and nephew are coming for a visit this weekend so if they want to eat, I have to shop! I have been following Weight Watchers, so I think I will have to save up my bonus points for this weekend. I will be making slow cooked meatballs and baked ziti with garlic bread. Yum!
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment